Students enrolled in lessons at the Vocal Edge Voice Studio receive quality, personalized vocal instruction in an encouraging atmosphere. During their lessons, students sing in a recording studio setting so their lessons can be recorded onto CD for personal use. Students ages range from about 9 to adult! (For students younger than 9, the first lesson will be considered an audition lesson to see if the child is ready.) All experience levels are welcome! The first lesson must be paid for in advance and we will set up your plan once you come to your lesson.
FOUR AREAS OF EMPHASIS IN LESSONS & CLASSES :
1. Proper singing technique: Students will learn proper technique that will encourage them to sing with strength and ease by using tools that encourage them to balance, find and maintain proper larynx position and solid vocal cord function. Specific exercises are used to help them overcome many common bad habits such as breathiness, breaks, pain, weakness, limited range and other unhealthy habits, which will free them up to sing to their fullest potential!
2. Application of technique to songs: After students perform these exercises, we will use the exercises in direct application to songs. This helps the students technically master each song in their repertoire. Once a song is technically strong, we will add style to their performance.
3. Stage Presence: Students will learn overcome fear, doubt and stage fright and are given opportunities to express their own creativity and expression in their performance.
4. Song Styles: Students will learn how to master different styles of music from classical to rock, pop, jazz, Broadway, Contemporary Christian, UIL/TMEA music, etc. My students participate in classical performances, rock bands, musicals, American Idol auditions, lead in church worship, talent shows, CD projects, etc.
PRIVATE LESSON FORMAT:
Lessons range from 30 minutes or 60 minutes in length, weekly or biweekly, depending on need!
Each lesson starts with an important warm up. The exercises we use will help students find vocal balance, then strengthen their voice so they can overcome the most common vocal problems.
Then, we choose a song of their choice and we apply the exercises to their songs before singing the songs with lyrics. This process helps their voices become accustomed to the song naturally. We also work on facial expression, stage presence and singing with confidence. We treat each song as a piece of art and we work to master each song. Optional recitals are offered throughout the year. Our Vocal Edge Select SIngers are more advanced singers that go out on "tour" each semester to sing in live music venues around the area.
WHAT TO BRING:
Sheet music (2 copies) or songbooks, CD's, ipods/iphones, or flash drives containing songs or karaoke music. It is also helpful to bring bottled water and a folder with notepad and pencils for those who like taking notes!
WHEN YOU ARRIVE:
Please walk on in 5 minutes to your scheduled lesson time. Feel free to wait in the living area until your lesson time.
Austin/Round Rock Voice Teacher
TO REGISTER, PLEASE:
1. CLICK THE LINK AND JOIN THE STUDIO
2. BOOK YOUR FIRST OR ONGOING LESSONS
3. SHOP/PAY FOR LESSONS ONLINE WHEN YOU BOOK YOUR SPOT.